Can you help us dig a water well for a community that has no clean water?
Recently, I was in a village where I saw a dirty irrigation ditch. Next to the ditch were cows and chickens. Children were drinking dirty water from the ditch. It was such an amazing experience to give that village a fresh water well. Now, the children will drink clean water for the first time in their lives.
Statistics about the need for clean drinking water:
* 1 in 8 people worldwide do not have access to safe and clean drinking water.
* Nearly a billion, 884 million people do not have access to clean and safe water.
* In developing countries, as much as 80% of illnesses are linked to poor water and sanitation conditions.
* 443 million school days are lost each year due to water-related diseases.
* Half of the world's hospital beds are filled with people suffering from a water-related disease.
* The average container for water collection in India, the jerry can, weighs over 40 lbs when full.
* Almost two-thirds, 64% of households rely on women to get the family's water when there is no water source in the home.
* Nearly 1 out of every 5 deaths under the age of 5 worldwide is due to a water-related disease.
The need for fresh water is one that can be met. The cost of digging the water well in India is only $1,400.
Give towards building a fresh water well today! Click HERE
When we drill a fresh water well, the sign over the well says, “‘He who comes to Me will thirst no more.’ – Jesus Christ" We pray that as the villagers come to the well for fresh water, that many of them will discover the living water that only Jesus can give.